Talk about almost anything here
Doggos_on_Mars
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tagline: My hands are really cold
Mood: Nervous

Re: The Comfort Corner (mascot?)

Unread post by Doggos_on_Mars » Thu May 09, 2019 7:31 pm

It was about finding the perimeter/area of regular polygons and I thought I had it down pretty good, but I think what got me is that I'm not sure if the apothem is from the center to a corner, or the center to the middle of a side
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Doggos | she/her
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gabrielle
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: why do i consist of almost 10% of all the posts on this website
Mood: i love my life !!!

Unread post by gabrielle » Thu May 09, 2019 7:51 pm

i’m pretty sure the apothem is a perpendicular bisector from the center of the shape to a side. to find the area...
1. divide your shape into triangles by splitting your angles and connecting that line to the center of the shape
2. find the central angle measures you just made by dividing 360 by the number of total angles in the shape
3. your apothem is going to be an angle bisector of the central angle you found. you should also notice that your apothem is the height of a right triangle. so divide the central angle by two to get that top angle measure of your right triangle.
4. use soh cah toa to find the opposite side measure
5. find the area of the triangle you just found and multiply that the appropriate amount of times to find the area of the whole shape

hopefully that helps. here’s a nice video i found explaining it too.
https://youtu.be/z50C1b2sO5M
elle • she/her • esfp
☼ scorpio ☾ leo ↑ taurus

i love the sun,
but in the dark of night,
let me learn
the wisdom of the moon

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: When life gives you lemons
Mood: I like bunnies

Unread post by Oblivion » Sun May 19, 2019 11:54 pm

I'm sad right now.

I don't know why though.?

I just have terrible anxiety about the future and it sometimes just...hits me. It's doing that right now.

I hate not having control over the future, it makes me wanna just sleep all day sometimes cause if I fail in the future I might as well not try to accomplish anything.

I don't know what I wanna do when I'm older, what if I die alone? What if I get into a fight with someone close to me and we can't fix our relationship? These thoughts hit me. All the damn. Time.

I might take a hiatus, to focus on school, art, and just life in general...
winstalgia#1031
Call me: Steven
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

gabrielle
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: why do i consist of almost 10% of all the posts on this website
Mood: i love my life !!!

Unread post by gabrielle » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:52 am

do you guys ever get the feeling that none of your friends really like you that much? like i have a whole group of gal pals but they all talk to each other and hang out with each other all the time and never really seem to interact with me. like, i don’t think i do anything inherently wrong; they just don’t seem to like me as much as they like each other. i don’t get it. what did i do wrong? why am i so lonely all the time?
elle • she/her • esfp
☼ scorpio ☾ leo ↑ taurus

i love the sun,
but in the dark of night,
let me learn
the wisdom of the moon

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: When life gives you lemons
Mood: I like bunnies

Unread post by Oblivion » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:52 pm

both my gerbils died. One the day before I returned home from my trip, and today when I got home, i planned on playing with him. He was dead though. Even though he was just alive an hour before when my sister checked on him.

I'm sad and trying to distract myself.

And my cat isn't allowed inside due to my mom's health problems and I can't cuddle with him as much as I want, I have to wash my hands Everytime I pet him. I feel like I don't have any pets now.

I didn't wanna come back home. I was having a blast out of state. I just don't like being home. If I had the chance right now I would pick up and travel for a year... The house and my family isn't bad, it's happy. But still.
winstalgia#1031
Call me: Steven
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

sundae cat
Dreams of flight
Dreams of flight
Mood: around a 3

Unread post by sundae cat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:47 pm

deleted because of reasons
Last edited by sundae cat on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doggos_on_Mars
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tagline: My hands are really cold
Mood: Nervous

Unread post by Doggos_on_Mars » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:55 am

I'm so sorry that is happening to you, Mist. If you ever to rant, shoot me a PM. I know that it's really hard to feel alone, and feel like you don't have friends, and feel that all your parents do is nag and treat you horribly, but I want you to know that at least here, you have a whole community of friends and support. I really wish there is something I can do to help you, but for now, hopefully these pictures of cute hedgehogs will help <3

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Doggos | she/her
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx