Need help from other users? Post in this board
Milk
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: wataei canon
Mood: tired & gay

Suggestion: Clarifications on rules

Unread post by Milk » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:58 am

I've been contemplating making this post since the start of my site absence in April. Even if this was a small occurrence, it honestly bothers me, and i do not think it should happen to anyone else.
I think there should be clarifications on some of the rules, specifically the curse word rule.
Rule 4 states that swearing is allowed. There is no specification on what you can and cannot say, so that leads me (and i assume most people) to believe that most swear words, excluding the obvious slurs and such, are on limits.
However, that is not the case, as i had a post moderated for saying the f-word censored.
Since there's no clear specifications on this rule, i feel as if words like that are fair game, and as such a punishment feels sort of unjust. I feel as if there were more specifications on rules, things like this would happen less.
I hope my suggestion can be taken into account, as things like this, even if small, bother me.
btw ive had this ranpo icon for like 2 years and ive only seen like 2 episodes of bungo stray dogs

Doggos_on_Mars
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tagline: My hands are really cold
Mood: Nervous

Re: Suggestion: Clarifications on rules

Unread post by Doggos_on_Mars » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:03 pm

Thanks for your question/suggestion! I feel as though there isn't really a solid way to explain this because we cannot list words that would be deemed unacceptable for obvious reasons. The consensus among mods is generally that words like hell, crap, damn, etc. are acceptable but things like the f- word, the b- word, the c- word, and all slurs are not acceptable. Hopefully this helped a bit ^^
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Doggos | she/her
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Milk
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: wataei canon
Mood: tired & gay

Unread post by Milk » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:38 am

Hey, thanks for the response.
I feel like if that's the case, it'd be a good idea to mention your "The consensus among mods is generally that words like hell, crap, damn, etc. are acceptable but things like the f- word, the b- word, the c- word, and all slurs are not acceptable." part then. Saying that "swearing is acceptable unless directed towards someone" is extremely broad in my opinion.
btw ive had this ranpo icon for like 2 years and ive only seen like 2 episodes of bungo stray dogs

Doggos_on_Mars
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tagline: My hands are really cold
Mood: Nervous

Unread post by Doggos_on_Mars » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:14 am

All updated! Thanks for the suggestion, Milk!

Also locking this topic bc it's been dealt with
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Doggos | she/her
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx