No votes

Total votes: 2

Red
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: Local cryptid

>>ZimLocke - FireRed

Unread post by Red » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:12 am

So, any pokemon fans out there probably know what a nuzlocke is. I shall be doing one. Starting right now. For those who do not know/need a refresher- It is a pokemon challenge consisting of a few simple rules.
  • You can only catch the first pokemon on each route
  • If a pokemon faints, it is "dead"
  • (optional) Each pokemon gets a nickname
---

So, with this playthrough I will share everything with you guys- and possible take input such as nickname suggestions. I will be making a mini comic to go along with this (note- comic will probably be low effort doodles/sketches). I will draw my irkensona Oli in place of myself, as the bastard's like 90% self insert anyway. Anyways, enough info. Let's get started loosers

>>The Team
Image Flare
Image Remy
Image Barf
Image Boots
Image Vok
Image Edward
Last edited by Red on Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imagex

ᶜᵉᵒ ᵒᶠ ᵐⁱⁿᵉᶜʳᵃᶠᵗ ᵈⁱᵃᵐᵒⁿᵈˢ

Red
Well-known
Well-known

Re: >>ZimLocke - FireRed

Unread post by Red » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:40 pm

>>Journey - Start!

The game has started. Oli has taken his first steps towards conquering the Kanto region. Flare, a female charmander, is the lucky one to be his partner. His rival, POOP, was easily defeated in their first battle. Ha, what a looser. That's what you get for picking squirtle you dweeb. After running the errand for old man oak, Oli is ready to head back and start the nuzlocke.

-Getting my pokeballs soon, and right after that we'll have our first team member. If anyone suggests nicknames before I catch anything I'll consider em
Imagex

Red
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Red » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:51 pm

>>Route 2
Pokeballs in hand, time to head back to route two. First pokemon- a Pidgey. Aaaand Flare massacred him. Guess we're passing through without anyone new this time.

>>Route 3
Okay, a rattata. Hopefully Flare doesn't scratch this one up to death. Success! Remy has now joined the party- and is immediately almost killed by another rattata the moment he's up for battle. Thankfully we made it through without him dying this early in the game.

>>Viridian Forest
Ah, yes. The maze. Took a wrong turn and walked in circles for longer than I'd like to admit. Anyways, nearly forgot to catch something, technically kinda sorta cheated but not really as I caught the same thing so shhh. Was tempted to cheat when a Pikachu showed up right after, but alas, not today. Gonna stick with the rules for once and I'm leaving this mess of a forest with a caterpie. Welcome to the team, Barf. You probably wont last past the first gym.

ImageImage
Anyways, no name suggestions earlier? Bummer. You guys have some time while I'm grinding my team up to face Brock
Imagex

Milk
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: wataei canon
Mood: tired & gay

Unread post by Milk » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Aight bet, name a Pokemon Jeff
btw ive had this ranpo icon for like 2 years and ive only seen like 2 episodes of bungo stray dogs

Red
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Red » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:33 am

>>Gym 1 Prep
Anyways, my team is no where near ready to fight Brock yet so time to grind that exp. Backtracking all the way to route 22 I caught myself a Mankey. She got nicknamed Boots. Kept fighting all the pidgeys and rattatas and Barf has now fully evolved into a Butterfree. Good for her. Anyways, just a few more levels for Barf, Remy, and Boots till I face Brock. Check in with ya then.

ImageImage

And hell yeah gon get myself a Jeff soon
Imagex

Red
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Red » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:40 pm

>>Gym 1

All this prep. It is time. Time for an epic battle. Time to immortalize Oli on the rock gym plaque. This is gonna be- oh, wait. Nevermind. Guess all that happened here was Boots just bitch slapping everyone continuously. So much for a challenge. Moving on, past the maze of a mountain (Seriously, how many mazes you guys? I made enough of an idiot of myself back in that damn forest). On my way there I caught a Speary (welcome, Jeff. Oh, you're a girl? Suck it. You're Jeff.) And of course a Zubat. What else did you expect from that mountain? He, of course, got named Edward. Any guesses why? Finally, upon reaching Cerulean City I remembered I could run! Oli ran and ran and ran right into the bridge where I didn't mean to. That's okay, just turn back and- ah, poop. It's POOP. Can't run from this one. Everything was going quite smoothly. That is, until the dweeb brought out his squirtle. The thing massacred two thirds of my party. Once I finally rid of that ugly blue blob I easily defeated the rest of his measly party. "My pokemon are all really smart!" yeah, ok POOP, you goddamn nerds. Listen guys, I'm claiming this battle as a misclick and I'm not going to not treat the deaths as permanent. Chill? Of course you're chill with it. It's my playthrough, not yours. Moving on now. I got past the bridge and easily defeated the 5 people on it. Sadly I was given no option to join team rocket and exploit the loosers of Kanto for a quick buck. Where's my forbidden playthrough, gamefreak? Whatever. At least now I can catch a new mon here and- a Pidgey. Great. Welcome to the team, Vok. As things are looking right now, unless I catch something good in the next area I'm pretty much screwed for Misty's gym.
(art? maybe updated here later. im lazy)
Imagex

Red
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Red » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:38 pm

Quick update post- the story is currently on hiatus, so I won't be posting anythi by here for a while
Imagex

Milk
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Milk » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:00 pm

Dammit, can we still suggest names though
btw ive had this ranpo icon for like 2 years and ive only seen like 2 episodes of bungo stray dogs

Red
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Red » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:22 pm

Sure, go right ahead
Imagex

Milk
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Milk » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:53 pm

Okay:
Craig, John, Karen (very important), Rolo, Kai, Pickle, Pop and finally if it fits: Frozone