Shibaface rarities discussion ( hrlvos's thread )

Talk about anything relating to Shibaface here
hrlvos
Dreams of flight
Dreams of flight
Tagline: no butts no coconuts

Shibaface rarities discussion ( hrlvos's thread )

Unread post by hrlvos » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:11 pm

~ * At the beginning, everything would start off as common for quite awhile, so it'd take awhile for Shibaface's trading to actually take affect, but I've made this thread to help out a bit for when it does! (my ideas, suggestion, thoughts on it, etc.)
(( the reason why i put my username in the thread is because others might want to make threads viewing their point more in detail, - didn't want to get confused. ))
  • What even makes rarities in pets ?? (or what will determine it's rarity changes or rarity in the first place.)
    "rarity, supply, demand, availability and circulation"
    - SUPPLY; How often do we see this pet? How many were adopted? Is this pet in the abundance or little to non?
    - DEMAND; This pet might look nicer than others, is harder to get, or something makes it special.
    - AVAILABILITY; How was this pet available to the public? * Everyone was able to adopt it * Was only available for a limited time / Was an event pet *You got it from tokens/trading in things(hard)
    - CIRCULATION; Is this pet being traded around all the time, or does it stay in one place? (a non-circulated pet makes it harder to trade for one.)
* These will be the things that determine rarity of a pet, more specifically, how rare it is, to how common.
(( ** I would have added date, but in some cases, a newer pet can be much more valuable than an older one. (e.g; special custom pet will be worth more than a pet a year older than it.))

Rarity Tags
We don't want a ton of these, like;
OMG VERY SO LEGENDARY, OMG OMG ONG SUPER LEGENDARY!!! - even if not that exaggerated, still a point.

• ( Added 3 commons/rares because there is probably going to be a lot of pets, but we can still survive with only 2.)
    _ * Quite common ( hex; 95B9C7 - bit darker please. )
    _ * Very common ( hex; 408080 )
    _ * Common ( hex; 4AA02C )
    _ * Uncommon ( hex; FFBF40 )
    _ * Rare ( hex; F87217 )
    _ * Very Rare ( hex; E41B17 )
    _ * Super Rare ! ( hex; BF40BF )
    _ * Legendary Rare ! ! ( hex; FF40BF )

** Legendary rare would be a thing that say would only release once a year, like a limited edition pet, aha.
This is more trading-territory, but here's how I think it'd work:
Two pets of a younger year = 1 pet of the next year (2 2019 pets worth 1 2020 pet, same rarity.)

(all same year)
1 common = 2 very commons
1 uncommon = 2 commons
1 legendary rare = this is up to the player to decide, could be 8!!
etc.

Nick made this post on chickensmoothie in 2009;
Nick wrote: Right now the rarities are:
OMG so rare! (less than 1 pet per 1000 users)
Very rare (less than 1 pet per 80 users)
Rare (less than 1 pet per 25 users)
Uncommon (less than 1 pet per 5.5 users)
Common (less than 1 pet per 3 users)
Very common (more than 1 pet per 3 users)
OMG so common (???)
I'm guessing this is how Shiba would do the same if possible, but probably keeping the data to themselves and only letting
us see specific things like this now and then. :) (so trading is fun!)...

* I want to see how you all would take up rarities when added to Shibaface !!
( ** this thread was mostly explaining how I think things would work + an explanation )
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x hey im hrlvos, troubled with something? shoot me a dm.
Marry, Kiss or Fight the Avatar above you? V.1, The Coding Help Thread
Shibaface rarity discussion, Hrlvos's Free Art Resources for Shibaface
got a problem with the site? contact the amazing staff team!

EDIT; WAS GONE FOR AWHILE BECAUSE I LOST MY PASSWORD !! (24/09/2019)

Lilith
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: I’m in the writing zone today.
Mood: Chillin’

Re: Shibaface rarities discussion ( hrlvos's thread )

Unread post by Lilith » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 am

I appreciate the amount of time and thought put into this. However, the only way something like this can occur is if Blu gets more time to work on the site.

I sent her a lengthy PM about this sort of thing, so your not alone. I do like your ideas. Especially since I may or may not have been planning things like events for the future.

Let us see what Blu says though. Thank you for adresssing something that was on a lot of people’s minds.

The only point where I disagree is that I feel like we should still distinguish our names a bit from CS.
Gotta redo this.

Message me if you need anything!

hrlvos
Dreams of flight
Dreams of flight
Tagline: no butts no coconuts

Unread post by hrlvos » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 am

Cas wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 am
I appreciate the amount of time and thought put into this. However, the only way something like this can occur is if Blu gets more time to work on the site.

I sent her a lengthy PM about this sort of thing, so your not alone. I do like your ideas. Especially since I may or may not have been planning things like events for the future.

Let us see what Blu says though. Thank you for adresssing something that was on a lot of people’s minds.

The only point where I disagree is that I feel like we should still distinguish our names a bit from CS.
Understandable, and no problem!

And with the labels, this isn't just on CS, I see this on a lot of games! (it's only the 3 types of common I see on CS.)
I was going to suggest "Quite" instead of "Very", but I don't know if this sounded right. :0c !!

This thread was mostly just a little "hmm how would this work." & basing my knowledge off other pet-clickable sites rather than really suggesting rarities as a whole!! (could be complicated to code!)
but yea, i gotchu' <3
x hey im hrlvos, troubled with something? shoot me a dm.
Marry, Kiss or Fight the Avatar above you? V.1, The Coding Help Thread
Shibaface rarity discussion, Hrlvos's Free Art Resources for Shibaface
got a problem with the site? contact the amazing staff team!

EDIT; WAS GONE FOR AWHILE BECAUSE I LOST MY PASSWORD !! (24/09/2019)

Lilith
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: I’m in the writing zone today.
Mood: Chillin’

Unread post by Lilith » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am

Ya, I get that.

Maybe we can work towards that
Gotta redo this.

Message me if you need anything!