(( the reason why i put my username in the thread is because others might want to make threads viewing their point more in detail, - didn't want to get confused. ))
- What even makes rarities in pets ?? (or what will determine it's rarity changes or rarity in the first place.)
"rarity, supply, demand, availability and circulation"
- SUPPLY; How often do we see this pet? How many were adopted? Is this pet in the abundance or little to non?
- DEMAND; This pet might look nicer than others, is harder to get, or something makes it special.
- AVAILABILITY; How was this pet available to the public? * Everyone was able to adopt it * Was only available for a limited time / Was an event pet *You got it from tokens/trading in things(hard)
- CIRCULATION; Is this pet being traded around all the time, or does it stay in one place? (a non-circulated pet makes it harder to trade for one.)
(( ** I would have added date, but in some cases, a newer pet can be much more valuable than an older one. (e.g; special custom pet will be worth more than a pet a year older than it.))
We don't want a ton of these, like;
OMG VERY SO LEGENDARY, OMG OMG ONG SUPER LEGENDARY!!! - even if not that exaggerated, still a point.
- ( Added 3 commons/rares because there is probably going to be a lot of pets, but we can still survive with only 2.)
_ * Quite common ( hex; 95B9C7 - bit darker please. )
_ * Very common ( hex; 408080 )
_ * Common ( hex; 4AA02C )
_ * Uncommon ( hex; FFBF40 )
_ * Rare ( hex; F87217 )
_ * Very Rare ( hex; E41B17 )
_ * Super Rare ! ( hex; BF40BF )
_ * Legendary Rare ! ! ( hex; FF40BF )
** Legendary rare would be a thing that say would only release once a year, like a limited edition pet, aha.
Two pets of a younger year = 1 pet of the next year (2 2019 pets worth 1 2020 pet, same rarity.)
(all same year)
1 common = 2 very commons
1 uncommon = 2 commons
1 legendary rare = this is up to the player to decide, could be 8!!
Nick made this post on chickensmoothie in 2009;
I'm guessing this is how Shiba would do the same if possible, but probably keeping the data to themselves and only lettingNick wrote: Right now the rarities are:
OMG so rare! (less than 1 pet per 1000 users)
Very rare (less than 1 pet per 80 users)
Rare (less than 1 pet per 25 users)
Uncommon (less than 1 pet per 5.5 users)
Common (less than 1 pet per 3 users)
Very common (more than 1 pet per 3 users)
OMG so common (???)
us see specific things like this now and then. (so trading is fun!)...
* I want to see how you all would take up rarities when added to Shibaface !!
( ** this thread was mostly explaining how I think things would work + an explanation )