the people hoping to mod and artist and stuff club (aka people who haven't joined "the team" but want to: the discussion

Talk about anything relating to Shibaface here
Milk
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: wataei canon
Mood: tired & gay

Re: the people hoping to mod and artist and stuff club (aka people who haven't joined "the team" but want to: the discus

Unread post by Milk » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:19 am

I'd like to know too, i just resubmitted mine.
btw ive had this ranpo icon for like 2 years and ive only seen like 2 episodes of bungo stray dogs

Doggos_on_Mars
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tagline: My hands are really cold
Mood: Nervous

Re: the people hoping to mod and artist and stuff club (aka people who haven't joined "the team" but want to: the discus

Unread post by Doggos_on_Mars » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:21 am

Zoe wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:22 am
@Cas, Doggos, Heda

How long was it after you submitted your forum to get chosen?
For me, I didn't submit a form because I know Blu personally. Because of this, she had no problem added me to the team. As for people she doesn't know, because she doesn't actually know them you can never be sure of the person they are. For example, someone could be lying about their age, they could be someone who will do bad things with personal information, etc. As a result of this, Blu does not select moderators lightly. She does take artists more lienently because they have basically the same permissions as regular users. Also, even though me, Heda, and Cas are the only active mods, we don't have issues managing the site. Aside from a few nasty spambots, hardly any forum emergencies arise because of the great and respectful community we have on SF! So while Blu is the only person coding, and probably could use some help with that, it will be extremely difficult to be selected as another Administrator. Not only because of Blu needing to trust you, but also because you will need extensive coding knowledge in Php and you can't overpower Blu's role, after all this website is her creation and she shouldn't have to "share" it with anyone. But getting back to the topic of getting accepted to the staff, it may not happen for those who applied to be mods until SF gets a little bigger and we start having more forum issues. For those who applied to be artists, most likely not until the adopt glitch is fixed and the pets get linked to our accounts.

Hopefully this didn't sound mean, it could kind of come across that way. So to lighten the mood, here are couple of bad dad jokes (answers are written in transparent text)

Q: What happened when the frog's car broke down?
A: It got toad!

Q: What do you get when you cross a dinosaur and a dog?
A: A really scared mailman! ; alternatively a second answer: A pterrierdactyl!

Q: What did one penny say to another penny when it proposed?
A: We make cents together!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Doggos | she/her
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Milk
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: wataei canon
Mood: tired & gay

Unread post by Milk » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:35 am

Those jokes
Oh boi
btw ive had this ranpo icon for like 2 years and ive only seen like 2 episodes of bungo stray dogs

Red
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: Local cryptid

Unread post by Red » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:49 am

Haha yeah, the jokes are great. And if anything you didn't sound mean, you explained everything just fine

Imagex

ᶜᵉᵒ ᵒᶠ ᵐⁱⁿᵉᶜʳᵃᶠᵗ ᵈⁱᵃᵐᵒⁿᵈˢ

oddity
Contemplating leaving the nest
Contemplating leaving the nest
Tagline: Stronger Together

Unread post by oddity » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:04 pm

So I am a little curious how the artist selection process is? We're interested in potentially being an artist for this site. After looking this website over I'm very confident this is something we can do.

-{Max}

Lilith
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: I’m in the writing zone today.
Mood: Chillin’

Unread post by Lilith » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Zoe wrote:
@Cas, Doggos, Heda

Submitted my form the day I joined, got accepted after asking Blu directly maybe two weeks later.

Zoe, I don’t think you have to wait any longer though.
Gotta redo this.

Message me if you need anything!

Lilith
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: I’m in the writing zone today.
Mood: Chillin’

Unread post by Lilith » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:45 pm

Alright everyone, I want to put everything on a realitively equal playing field for you, so you can best understand what my intentions are.

It is not easy to become a moderator here. It is no light feat to wield the MCP hammer, and that’s the exact reason why we are so strict. You have to realize it’s not as glamorous as it looks.

I want to inform all of you interested in this job that there is a high likelyhood you will have to get out of your comfort zone a bit. Everyone on this website is very pleasant, but some of the spam accounts you will encounter while doing the job are... not so pleasant. You have to be willing to face uncomfortable content so that others may have to. (Such as Arabic translations for some... unpleasant things.) You will also find ALOT and I mean ALOT of spam, mostly in other languages.

If after that warning you are still interested, I feel there are a few ways you can earn this role.

1. Recommendation

Moderationship is an elected position for most. I am slowly starting to send in my personal reccomendations to Blu to try and elect some of those I know are eagerly waiting. This is just a me thing though, and I probably won’t do it a lot. Though, I do plan on reccomending a few of you once I have a bit more expirence with all of you.

2. Asking

Yes, contacting Blu directly is a possibility. If you have enough guts to write a formal letter to the website’s developer with reasoning to back up your candidacy, I see no reason why she would not consider it.

Though, these thoughts come from me, and no one else. This is genuinely Blu’s choice, and don’t nag her either.

Thanks for coming to me ted talk.

We don’t ask how I got on the staff
Gotta redo this.

Message me if you need anything!

HedaFox
First flight
First flight
Tagline: When did I join the staff?: December 11, 2018!

Unread post by HedaFox » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Zoe wrote:
@Cas, Doggos, Heda

I'm sorry I haven't answered this yet! I've been busy. ShibaFace only had like a few members (if I remember right maybe 5 people) when I submitted my application. After I submitted it though I made an account immediately and that night I got the moderator role and had a message from Blu that I was accepted but since there was only a few members, I think Blu really needed the mods for when the member count jumped and that's why I was accepted that night. I hope this is helpful for anyone who applies! ♥
╔════════════════════════╗
🖤Heda
🖤Global Moderator
🖤Open to pms
🖤Leo
🖤Pansexual
🖤He/Him
🖤Beta Tester
🖤Animals
🖤Anime
🖤The 100
🖤Helping others

Helpful Links
Coding Help Thread|Newbie Guide|The Rules
Need to contact staff immediately and none are online? I'll get the message fast on these!
Wajas: The Night Fox 327187
ChickenSmoothie: HedaFox
CS is preferred. Thank you!
╚════════════════════════╝

fôxesave
Slowly getting there
Slowly getting there
Tagline: "Not with that attitude"
Mood: ♡ Loved ♡

Unread post by fôxesave » Mon May 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Possibly false hope but I try to stay positive^^ Especially as such a new player
Flight risingtoyhou.seinstagramSpotify
───⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅───
Discord: fôxesave#7131

Tzatziki Cfnmpah IV
Party bird
Party bird
Tagline: i got the horses in the bacc
Mood: bored

Unread post by Tzatziki Cfnmpah IV » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:25 pm

i don't want to be a mod now,but i remember wanting to be one when i first joined!! i don't think i'm responsible enough to be one and it must be stressful to be a mod,so i no longer would want to join the team. good luck to everyone who hopes to be a staff member!!
tzatzikitheleg on chickensmoothie! have a great day!