Talk about almost anything here
Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: When life gives you lemons
Mood: I like bunnies

(also probably unofficial) Crushes, boyfriends, and girlfriends <3

Unread post by Oblivion » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Welcome to the thread to talk about crushes, boyfriends, and girlfriends!
At this thread, you can talk about pretty much anything as long as it involves crushes, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.
Have any questions? Go to this website first thing before you say anything, trust me, it's worth a visit. It has loads of information about all kinds of things you might want to know (And should know!) and even some games that are pretty sweet. (I suggest My Paper Boyfriend or My Paper Girlfriend, they're pretty great for seeing how well you would do in a relationship, or if you're doing something horribly wrong.)

http://www.stayteen.org/relationships

Make sure to take a really good look around! It's very informative, one of my favorite sites.
Rules
  • Be polite, kind, and respectful to everybody.
  • No spamming. Don't post random things that don't help the person at all.
  • You may only post your situation once per page. This will make it so everyone can have their questions answered. (You can post more than once per page; if you're giving out advice, pretty much post as much as you want. but no double posts please, though I understand a mistake.)
  • Try not to use this as your personal blog. Many people come here for advice, and while it is nice to hear about your good situation, posting about it every page isn't so entertaining.
  • Use advice at your own discretion. These are just regular people's opinions, try and get a few pieces of advice before you really consider doing something. Just because one person says something doesn't mean that it's the greatest advice.
If you have a question that you would like in the FAQ because you've seen it asked a lot, post on the thread or PM me and I'll throw it on here!
Banners/Stamps/Etc.
Feel free to make some.

FAQ

How do I know if a guy/girl likes me, and how do I get him/her to like me?
Nimble's Answer wrote:You know, it really depends. Here are a few helpful videos:

7 Ways to Get a Guy to Like You. (Article)
How to tell if a guy likes you. (1)
How to tell if a guy likes you. (2)
How to tell if a girl likes you.
How to get a guy to like you. (1)
How to get a guy to like you. (2)
How to get girls to like you.

So, I really hope those help you. :) That first one really says it all, I suggest you all give it a watch.
Boys are SO confusing! How do I understand them?
Nimble's Answer wrote: Pretty much just read that link. Though, keep in mind that boys aren't confusing, the particular boy/s you're thinking of are confusing. Boys and girls can both be confusing. Just try and remember that. ^.^
I want to ask someone out, but I'm really nervous. What are some good tips for keeping my cool and saying the right things?
Nimble's Answer wrote:Here's an idea: Walk up to him, then say, "Hey, so, um, I really like you. As more than just a friend."

Bam. Magic.

Drink some tea to calm your nerves, eat some mints, wear a push up bra, and go for it. The worst he can say is "I hate you," and that's more than unlikely. If he says he doesn't feel the same way, play it cool. Say you're ok with that, you understand, then once you're alone call a friend and watch the Notebook while shoveling ice cream into your mouth like the tears pouring out of your eyes.

I'm just kidding.

Do step one, and if he rejects you, it's not the end of the world. Honestly. There will be other guys, and chances are, they'll like you back and be 10 times better than the last. It's a 50/50 chance, so you've got to just jump for it. Tell him how you feel, and don't freak if he does say no. Look up some ways to relax, do a little bit of yoga and then call him or meet up with him. If you're going to see him at school or youth group, wait until you can get him alone, or ask him for a minute. Just a simple, "Can I have a minute?" will clear crowds, seriously.

When you're doing it, just take a deep breath before you start speaking. Remember to breath; if I know one thing about public speaking, it's that while you think you've been paused for 30 seconds, in reality it was only 2. What I'm trying to say, is, your pauses in speaking are way shorter than you think they are when you're nervous, so don't be afraid to slow down. Try and keep your hands in check; if you're rubbing them together you might come off as crazy or just insanely nervous. Being nervous isn't a very attractive quality when asking someone out, and IMO rejection is more likely. Then again, if he's a sweetheart he'll just think it's cute. But that's rare.

So, in short, these are my tips for you:
  • Keep it short and simple; if you talk too much you might go too fast and your words will jumble together.
  • Keep your hands by your sides; don't fiddle.
  • Remember to breath; your breaks in your speaking are shorter than you think.
  • It's not the end of the world if he says no. If he rejects you, take a deep breath, say "Oh, alright. Thanks anyways," smile, and walk off. Staying cool in rejection is a sure-fire way to keep them running. In your direction. It's sexy to be fine with rejection, and can in fact make him feel a bit unwanted. It might make him feel like he's not worth being sad about being rejected by, so he might change his mind and say yes.

You know how I said it was sexy? It really is. Imagine if you just told someone you didn't like them the way they did you and so you tell them no for a date, would you prefer them saying: "Oh.. Um... Ok... Uh.. Bye.." and awkwardly running off with their eyes tearing up, or would you prefer the one who looks like they know what they're doing when speaking, and after facing utter rejection says: "Oh, alright. Thanks anyways," smiles, and struts away? Much sexier. It'll make you desirable, trust me.
I really hope this helps, and good luck!
[url=http://www.beinggirl.com/article/how-to-talk-to-boys/]Being Girl[/url]'s Answer wrote:
How to Talk to Guys:

How to talk to boys tip: 1

Guys like to talk about themselves. All people do. One of the easiest ways to get to know a boy is to ask him questions. You could ask, "What did you think of that test this morning?" or ask about some sport he's interested in. Don't ask questions that could be answered by yes or no, 'cause then the conversation is over. Music, TV shows, and movies are also good topics.

How to talk to boys tip: 2

Laughter is contagious. A wise man once said, "Laughter is the best medicine," and he was right. When you're happy and laughing, it's contagious, so don't be afraid of showing off your sense of humor. If making people laugh is not one of your strengths, search the Internet for jokes or fun anecdotes that you can bring up in conversation.

How to talk to boys tip: 3

Don't be a chatty Cathy. No one likes a chatterbox. When we're nervous, we all tend to ramble on, but overpowering a conversation and forgetting to ask questions shows a person you're not interested in hearing about them. Look for clues. If he's wearing a baseball cap, ask him how his team is doing. If he plays a particular video game, ask about his highest score. These types of questions will definitely instigate a conversation.

How to talk to boys tip: 4

Don't be so focused on impressing him that you're tempted to lie. While we all tend to embellish the truth a bit, you are much better off being open and honest. Lying about who you are will only come back to haunt you later on. Share the parts of your life that are most rewarding: your friends, your family, and your personal interests. Don't be afraid to talk about what you do best. It's not showing off. It's sharing.

How to talk to boys tip: 5

Try flirting. You don't have to read a book to know how. It's easy after you've tried it a few times. Flirting is a great way to show someone you're interested in getting to know them better. It's harmless and fun. Make eye contact. Offer him a smile. You'll be surprised how you'll naturally figure it out!

How to talk to boys tip: 6

Get up your courage and move out of your comfort zone. What's the worst that can happen? There's not a person alive who hasn't experienced rejection...and we haven't heard anyone die from it yet! Get involved in activities you enjoy and conversation will flow. Just make sure the boy you approach is worthy of someone as special as you. Remember our "how to talk to boys tips" next time he comes around. and you will be wondering why it was so hard before.

Hope this stuff helps!(:
I think I'm starting to like this person (who may or may not already be my friend), but I'm already in a relationship/don't want to contaminate our friendship. What do I do?
Nimble's Answer wrote:Don't worry about it. If you just want to be friends, that's what your relationship will be. If they wants something more, that's ok too. It makes it harder, but they're not worth it anyways if they would want you to force you into dating. If you don't want to like them, you don't have to. You are in control of your feelings, why do you think they're called yours? They're not your mom's, they're not your friends. Your feelings aren't any of ours either; they're yours. Do what you want with them, and place them where you wish.

People in this society say you can't choose who you love. But the thing is, you can. It's really not hard. Like I said multiple times, they're your feelings.
I think I'm in love, but I'm really young. Is this a bad thing?
*~ҒƖЯЄƜѲЯƘ~*'s Answer wrote:Love takes time. It's like ... cookie dough! It's so sweet and great when it's raw, but it can make you sick and it's not that great, but when you let it bake for a while, and then you try it. It really truly does taste beautiful - and you wonder why you ate the dough in the first place. Because eating cookie dough is for children. It's really adults - or more mature people - who know how to bake real good yummy cookies.
Nimble's Answer wrote:Like Firework said, love takes time. It is TOTALLY possible that you're in love. The average person falls in love around 6 times in their lifetime, and it's generally known that after 4 solid months of having a crush on somebody you're in love. But even if you are in love, you are young, and you have to be careful. You don't want to eat too much cookie dough because you'll get sick. A little bit of it is ok, but if you eat so much of it from so many different batches, you might find yourself unable to eat any of the golden crisp cookies. No, it's not a bad thing, but take things really slow. Don't act like you see your mom act with her boyfriend. Act like the person you're in love with is your best friend. That's the real deal: The love that lasts forever. You don't need all those romantic things, you don't even need to kiss each other. Just be best friends until you're old enough to eat the baked cookies, because then you'll really enjoy it.
What do couples even do? I'm in a romantic relationship now, but I've no clue on what we..do.
Nimble's Answer wrote:Your partner should be your best friend. You should never do anything you don't want to do or are uncomfortable with. But don't be afraid to try new things, like holding hands for one. I knew a young couple that had just gotten together. A group of us went out to the carnival and I convinced them to hold each others hands. They were walking around the carnival holding hands so tightly I thought that they were just going to snap their fingers right off. My friend later told me that she "felt like she was claiming him or something", but in a nice way. Trying new things like that is a great way to further the relationship.

Start small. Go on group dates. Get some people together to go to the mall, or the park or something. Go out and see a movie with them, go out to the beach/lake on a nice day and get ice cream. Just do things that you would do with your best friend, seriously.
Oh no! My mom/dad just found out who I like and I'm freaking out! What do I do?!

Garrus' Answer wrote:You could try denying it, although since s/he already knows [and depending on how convincing a liar you can be] it's possible that s/he'll see through it. Alternatively, ignore her/him and everyone else. But what I would do is communicate with her/him - try to talk to her/him, politely let her/him know that her/his behavior is making you feel awkward, uncomfortable, upset or whatever else [etc] and that you'd prefer and appreciate it if s/he please wouldn't do that. Also request that s/he keep your feelings about this person private, since it's your private, personal business and you'd rather it was not broadcasted to all and sundry, because you'd find that embarrassing. If you don't feel that you can say that to her/him face-to-face, consider writing her/him a letter. Or laugh off the playful teasing, put it down to banter and move on.
I told my friends about who I liked, and now they keep teasing me about it in front of them and trying to get us together. I don't even like them THAT much! How do I get them to stop?!
Nimble's Answer wrote:Ha, been there, done that. Believe me, I know how you feel. It's not fun to be teased about who you like. But the best way to avoid it is to just laugh it off. Plus, they might even start to like you for it. ;) Here's what you do.
  • First of all, when they start to tease you or wink at you (AKA, make it very obvious that you like them) in from of the person you like, DO NOT REACT. By hitting them, telling them to shut up, saying "I DO NOT!" or any other kind of denial, you make it obvious to the person you like that you like them. This is embarrassing for everyone. Instead, laugh it off and joke with them. It might take them by surprise, making them stop, and even of it doesn't do that it'll at least make it so that special someone doesn't clue in.
  • Talk to your friends and explain to them exactly how you feel. Tell them they're being jerks, and you don't even like the person all that much. Even if you like them tons, still tell them that. It's the only way to get them off your back. I had a guy called Ricky liking me. I knew he liked me because when his friend was teasing him about it in front of my face, he reacted because it bothered him. At the dance, I ran into his friends and they said, "Wait, are you *Nim*?!" "..Yes?" "OH! We HAVE to get you together with Ricky!" This is a major turn off for me, and most girls/guys. If someone is trying to force me into a relationship, then when the time comes for that person to really ask me out I start to think that it wasn't really their idea to ask me. This causes distrust off the bat, and that's never a good thing in a relationship. It's the same for everyone else. Turns out that at the end of the night, Ricky didn't even like me anymore because his friends had turned him off of my by trying to get him to like me. Forcing feelings is not cool, and doesn't even work. (It was a shame, because Ricky was pretty cute. ;D)
  • If you're doing this to a friend (Teasing them about the person they like; teasing them about the person they like in front of the person they like; trying to get your friend to ask them out even if you know they don't like them that much; trying to get the person they like to ask your friend out behind their back) STOP IT. I'm serious, knock it off. You're setting your friend up for embarrassment and misery. A forced relationship isn't going to end well. Ever. DON'T EVER FORCE YOUR FRIEND INTO A RELATIONSHIP.
So, don't react, don't force feelings/your friend into a relationship, because it only leads to disaster. It's like bullying. If you don't react at all, they'll stop because it's no fun.
My boy/girlfriend and I are really happy together...Is it possible to be too happy?
Darkest.Nation's Answer wrote:There's a point where couples hang out too much, where they become bored of each other or end up needing space to recuperate afterwards. It sound like you two are deep in the relationship, but not spacing out your time together.

One element of a relationship is what I'd call "surprises". Keep the relationship interesting by doing things on your own. When you meet again, you can tell each other about your nights out, your activities. Another way to keep up the "surprises" thing is to go slowly about telling things about each other, or discussing things in general. One day, discuss colors that you like and why. Compare them to stuff in everyday life. The next day, talk about cars (you can also talk about colors again, if you feel you need to share more). Which ones are your favorite, and why? Is there something you'd really like in a car in 30 years? What color would you want your car to be? Keep it interesting so that there's always something new to talk about. Keep some things about yourself hidden. It adds an excitement and "surprise" factor and keeps you two returning to each other.

Discuss "deeper" things. I'm not sure if you guys are at the age where you take college-level courses, write and perform speeches weekly, and have in-class debates, but discuss more serious topics sometimes. (Having a different opinion is just as good as sharing an opinion. We thrive, as a species, as a mammal, with diversity.) Perhaps talk about health. Maybe discuss issues revolving around the educational systems in your area. Whatever is interesting to (or bothering) you.

Although becoming "too happy" isn't exactly bad, it can make you blind to other issues in the relationship. Are you guys a physical affection and small-talk couple, or can you guys do complex activities as a team while enjoying it and improving upon yourself? You're probably at the end of the "honeymoon" stage right now -- enjoy it.
 ! Message from: Oblivion
I know usually only mods use this but I think I can? Anyway, I copied this from cs because I'm lazy. If this is against the rules just delete it.

totally didn't need a place to spit out random stuff away from a sibling who goes on cs and stalks me hhh
winstalgia#1031
Call me: Steven
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

sunshine lollipops
Bird is the word
Bird is the word

Re: (also probably unofficial) Crushes, boyfriends, and girlfriends <3

Unread post by sunshine lollipops » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:14 am

oh.
im pretty lazy myself so i didnt read all those advice...
and my "crushing over someone" status isnt that big
yet

im just here to rant about what ive learned about him so i can keep track of what he likes and what he doesnt
so uh
i observe him during PE (I dont stalk him, I just don't have that much to do in PE so I just watch him OuO) and I realised that he was sort of an introvert - he talks to a few guys and just do stuff alone. but he isnt that intorverted either - he can stand crowds but i just stay away from a large group of people to avoid interaction from society
he also likes food
he doesnt like milk (cri)
he rarely goes out of his class
but i dont wanna date him for some reason because romance is disgusting
id rather just watch him from afar
where no one can see me
and im all alone
with my crush ordering food
in front of the teachers
and thats not a bad thing

idk
im actually so sorry for being so annoying 5 years ago i was a small child acting a different age.. T_T hmu on discord if you remember me! my user is borinqq

i had a tord pfp but i changed it sorry i threw up a little looking at it

Milk
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: wataei canon
Mood: tired & gay

Unread post by Milk » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:47 am

You wanna know something?
I've never had a girlfriend, boyfriend and nobody has ever had a crush on me.
But when i was younger i had a crush on Gold from Pokemon.
Oof.
btw ive had this ranpo icon for like 2 years and ive only seen like 2 episodes of bungo stray dogs

gabrielle
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: why do i consist of almost 10% of all the posts on this website
Mood: i love my life !!!

Unread post by gabrielle » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:15 pm

i had a huge crush on this guy and we were doing an on/off thing for about 2 years, but i think i’m finally getting over him. we really liked each other but he was always so afraid of hurting me and losing me as a friend (since that happened a few years ago).
i would always just be his in-between side chick. it sounds kind of bad, but honestly neither of us had an issue with it until some nasty person decided to spread a rumor saying that i was tempting him to cheat on his other girlfriends. i value my reputation and i figured if he didn’t really want to go all the way after 2 years of pining, he probably wasn’t going to be ready for a while. he’ll always be my best friend, but i guess he needs to mature a little bit before we can do anything serious.
elle • she/her • esfp
☼ scorpio ☾ leo ↑ taurus

i love the sun,
but in the dark of night,
let me learn
the wisdom of the moon

sunshine lollipops
Bird is the word
Bird is the word

Unread post by sunshine lollipops » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:38 am

Milk wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:47 am
You wanna know something?
I've never had a girlfriend, boyfriend and nobody has ever had a crush on me.
But when i was younger i had a crush on Gold from Pokemon.
Oof.
ha! i had a crush on silver! hi-five!!
im actually so sorry for being so annoying 5 years ago i was a small child acting a different age.. T_T hmu on discord if you remember me! my user is borinqq

i had a tord pfp but i changed it sorry i threw up a little looking at it

Milk
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: wataei canon
Mood: tired & gay

Unread post by Milk » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:07 am

^
Epic high five
Pokemon guys were attractive i guess
btw ive had this ranpo icon for like 2 years and ive only seen like 2 episodes of bungo stray dogs

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Oblivion » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:15 pm

I feel like because I created this thread (kinda) that I should be able to say stuff but haH I thought wrong.

I've never crushed on a fictional character, but it sounds interesting lol

I do have a crush though. ---
Last edited by Oblivion on Sat May 04, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winstalgia#1031
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

purple.
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: Foolhardy Fellow
Mood: Meh

Unread post by purple. » Wed May 01, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm so nervous. I'm asking my boyfriend to prom tomorrow aah. He's going to say yes for sure, we've been dating for over two years, but I'm worried that I'll disappoint him. I hope it goes well, I really love that guy.
Hey, I'm Mat, nice to meet you!

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Oblivion » Wed May 01, 2019 9:11 pm

purple. wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:27 pm
I'm so nervous. I'm asking my boyfriend to prom tomorrow aah. He's going to say yes for sure, we've been dating for over two years, but I'm worried that I'll disappoint him. I hope it goes well, I really love that guy.
Aw, I'm sure you'll be fine, <3! Enjoy prom!
winstalgia#1031
Artist - INFP T

Red
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: Local cryptid

Unread post by Red » Wed May 01, 2019 9:14 pm

Oh man, pretty much all my crushed have been fictional haha. Well, it's not my fault if all the best guys n gals just so happen to not exist. However, pretty recently, I've had my first serious serious crush on someone. And I'm not talking "oh I think shes really pretty", but genuinely in love. Unfortanately it was on my best friend at the time, and it was horribly one sided. I'm not getting into the specifics because it got really messy and it'd most definitely involve rule breaking content on here. (Although if you're really curious feel free to PM me and I can at the very least summarize it without the really bad stuff). At least I've managed to move on now, but god did it take me forever. Anyways I'm rambling again so I'll leave this post at that.

Imagex

ᶜᵉᵒ ᵒᶠ ᵐⁱⁿᵉᶜʳᵃᶠᵗ ᵈⁱᵃᵐᵒⁿᵈˢ