The Comfort Corner (mascot?)

Talk about almost anything here
sunshine lollipops
Bird is the word
Bird is the word

The Comfort Corner (mascot?)

Unread post by sunshine lollipops » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:27 am

(We may need a mascot for this, like in Chicken Smoothie. I can make one, but since I still doubt this is official, I won't make a mascot.) Image

RULES
While we're here to provide support and comfort, not everything you need support for
may be suitable for posting on Shibaface
  • Family friendly, kid friendly.
    Suicide and self-harm (in any form, including substance misuse, food abstention, physical infliction etc.) are about as serious as it can get and because of this, Shibaface isn't the place for this sort of discussion. Please contact an adult, friend, help agency, or mental health forum for support on these issues. Similarly, please avoid discussing topics on illegal drug consumption, sex, abuse or anything else we've considered to be inappropriate.
  • Naming and shaming; anonymous and hatin'
    While you might not get along with everyone on Shibaface, this is not a place to discuss on site incidents involving other users. This is how gossip and witch-hunts begin and nobody wants that. Please, keep other users out of your posts.
  • Private messaging rules
    If your problem is personal, it is fine to ask for people to PM you, but this should not be used as a way to get around the rules for discussing self harm/etc.
  • Mini modding? Mini no-no's.
    See something breaking a rule? Please don't post about it, just report it to staff.

If you have a problem with a post in this topic, report it to staff immediately.
    Everyone is welcome here to talk about anything they need comforting about, as long as it does not break the rules of this thread or SF rules. Just because your problem may be worse than someone else's does not mean that they have a lesser right than you to post here their issue. Have a problem with someone else's problem? Keep it to yourself. Everyone gets upset over certain things, and no matter that thing, they have the right to rant/ask for help about it.
Last edited by sunshine lollipops on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lilith
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: I’m in the writing zone today.
Mood: Chillin’

Re: The most likely unofficial Comfort Corner

Unread post by Lilith » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:16 pm

! Message from: Cas
Just remember everyone, the staff is always here if you need us. My PMs are always open if you need to chat! I will try to help you as much I can.
Gotta redo this.

Message me if you need anything!

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: When life gives you lemons
Mood: I like bunnies

Unread post by Oblivion » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:58 pm

~
Last edited by Oblivion on Sun May 05, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
winstalgia#1031
Call me: Steven
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

Eve
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: we'll still have the summer after all

Unread post by Eve » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm addicted to the point where these sites are more important to me than school, (stupid i know) i've been like this for a year and i can't bring myself to stop playing :(
:3

sunshine lollipops
Bird is the word
Bird is the word

Unread post by sunshine lollipops » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:40 pm

Eve wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:46 pm
I'm addicted to the point where these sites are more important to me than school, (stupid i know) i've been like this for a year and i can't bring myself to stop playing :(
I get ya. I'm pretty addicted as well.
When I feel like I'm being too obsessive, I just take a break and maybe hide my devices from myself to not think about these sites.
im actually so sorry for being so annoying 5 years ago i was a small child acting a different age.. T_T hmu on discord if you remember me! my user is borinqq

i had a tord pfp but i changed it sorry i threw up a little looking at it

Lilith
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Lilith » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:57 am

kole. wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:40 pm
Eve wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:46 pm
I get ya. I'm pretty addicted as well.
When I feel like I'm being too obsessive, I just take a break and maybe hide my devices from myself to not think about these sites.
These sites can be hard to put down, but sometimes you have to stop playing them for the greater good. If your studies start to fall because of a game, that’s not a good thing. Though, in all fairness, I struggle to find this balance as well.

But for most of us, school is starting to wind down for the year. I envy those who get that luxury
Gotta redo this.

Blu
Site Admin
Site Admin
Mood: busy

Re: The Comfort Corner (mascot?)

Unread post by Blu » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:22 pm

5 days.
5 horrendous nights of nightmares.
I’m sick of being forced to watch people get brutally murdered in my dreams.

I want it to end, please. It’s making me scared to go to sleep at this point, knowing that the night will be infested with screams and pain that only I can see.

The dreams are so vivid, too. It’s apparently a side effect of the anti-depressants that I take, but these vivid nightmares are haunting me.

I can’t take it anymore.
Need help with Shibaface? Feel free to PM me or a staff member!
I go by they/them pronouns.
I am slightly forgetful, please resend PMs if they're important!
___

Outside of SF, I enjoy fursuit making, drawing, and video games!

Lilith
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Lilith » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Blu wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:22 pm
5 days.

I want it to end, please. It’s making me scared to go to sleep at this point, knowing that the night will be infested with screams and pain that only I can see.

The dreams are so vivid, too. It’s apparently a side effect of the anti-depressants that I take, but these vivid nightmares are haunting me.

I can’t take it anymore.

I’m so sorry Blu. Usually when this happens to me, I try to remind myself that this is my mind, and I control what happens in it.
Gotta redo this.

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: When life gives you lemons
Mood: I like bunnies

Unread post by Oblivion » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Blu wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:22 pm
5 days.

I can’t take it anymore.
nightmares - especially vivid ones - are difficult to deal with. I occasionally have nightmares that are so realistic I wake up and am scared to go to sleep.

Before you sleep maybe occupy your mind and think about stuff you enjoy? This can sometimes help but it's not guaranteed. You control your mind, like Cas said. <3
winstalgia#1031
Call me: Steven
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

gabrielle
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: why do i consist of almost 10% of all the posts on this website
Mood: i love my life !!!

Unread post by gabrielle » Tue May 07, 2019 9:30 pm

i just talked to my grandma for what very well might be the last time in her life. my mom and i sang her a song over the phone and i told her all about how i just got into my dream chorus.

my grandpa died back in january and she was taking it very poorly. she ended up having a stroke about a month ago and her health has been deteriorating ever since. yesterday, my dad took an impromptu flight up to kentucky to see her because my aunt said he needed to come asap. she can barely breathe, she can’t open her eyes or walk anymore, and all she can do is whisper. i’m scared for her and for my dad and aunt. she’s all they have left in their entire family. as for me, i just need a good hug.
elle • she/her • esfp
☼ scorpio ☾ leo ↑ taurus

i love the sun,
but in the dark of night,
let me learn
the wisdom of the moon