Talk about almost anything here
Doggos_on_Mars
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tagline: I have to sneeze
Mood: Tired + Stressed

Re: The Comfort Corner (mascot?)

Unread post by Doggos_on_Mars » Thu May 09, 2019 7:31 pm

It was about finding the perimeter/area of regular polygons and I thought I had it down pretty good, but I think what got me is that I'm not sure if the apothem is from the center to a corner, or the center to the middle of a side
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Doggos | she/her
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gabrielle
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: life is colorful right now
Mood: happi happi

Unread post by gabrielle » Thu May 09, 2019 7:51 pm

i’m pretty sure the apothem is a perpendicular bisector from the center of the shape to a side. to find the area...
1. divide your shape into triangles by splitting your angles and connecting that line to the center of the shape
2. find the central angle measures you just made by dividing 360 by the number of total angles in the shape
3. your apothem is going to be an angle bisector of the central angle you found. you should also notice that your apothem is the height of a right triangle. so divide the central angle by two to get that top angle measure of your right triangle.
4. use soh cah toa to find the opposite side measure
5. find the area of the triangle you just found and multiply that the appropriate amount of times to find the area of the whole shape

hopefully that helps. here’s a nice video i found explaining it too.
https://youtu.be/z50C1b2sO5M
elle she/her esfp Image
panoramic girl,
you are just a memory
that lives inside
my dreams.

doggos found my secret text

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: Despite my constant mood shifts,
Mood: Life's good.

Unread post by Oblivion » Sun May 19, 2019 11:54 pm

I'm sad right now.

I don't know why though.?

I just have terrible anxiety about the future and it sometimes just...hits me. It's doing that right now.

I hate not having control over the future, it makes me wanna just sleep all day sometimes cause if I fail in the future I might as well not try to accomplish anything.

I don't know what I wanna do when I'm older, what if I die alone? What if I get into a fight with someone close to me and we can't fix our relationship? These thoughts hit me. All the damn. Time.

I might take a hiatus, to focus on school, art, and just life in general...
╔═════════════════════╗
Hey, I'm Oblivion but you can call
me whatever you want!

going to re do at some point

╚═════════════════════╝
Steve/her - Christian - Artist - INFP T

gabrielle
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: life is colorful right now
Mood: happi happi

Unread post by gabrielle » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:52 am

do you guys ever get the feeling that none of your friends really like you that much? like i have a whole group of gal pals but they all talk to each other and hang out with each other all the time and never really seem to interact with me. like, i don’t think i do anything inherently wrong; they just don’t seem to like me as much as they like each other. i don’t get it. what did i do wrong? why am i so lonely all the time?
elle she/her esfp Image
panoramic girl,
you are just a memory
that lives inside
my dreams.

doggos found my secret text

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Oblivion » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:52 pm

both my gerbils died. One the day before I returned home from my trip, and today when I got home, i planned on playing with him. He was dead though. Even though he was just alive an hour before when my sister checked on him.

I'm sad and trying to distract myself.

And my cat isn't allowed inside due to my mom's health problems and I can't cuddle with him as much as I want, I have to wash my hands Everytime I pet him. I feel like I don't have any pets now.

I didn't wanna come back home. I was having a blast out of state. I just don't like being home. If I had the chance right now I would pick up and travel for a year... The house and my family isn't bad, it's happy. But still.
╔═════════════════════╗
me whatever you want!

╚═════════════════════╝

Mistfox
Dreams of flight
Dreams of flight
Tagline: Take a little bit of sunshine wherever you go
Mood: SUPER HAPPY!!!

Unread post by Mistfox » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:47 pm

I seriously feel like my mum loves my baby sister more than me. I also haven’t talked to any of my friends for weeks unless you count two sentences and I’m wondering if I did something wrong. I also think my mum is trying to turn me against my dad which isn’t going to happen because he’s the only one in my family who’s always supportive of me (apart from extended family which I don’t see enough to count), my dad has crushed my dreams of becoming a dog groomer though which I’m still hurt about because even though I stole that idea from my younger cousin it’s probably my 4th biggest dream.
I would probably be most miserable about the fact that now that I’m almost ready to tell Leah how I feel we haven’t talked properly in weeks and I won’t see her at school because she goes to another school and my mum won’t let me transfer because of it having over 1000 students and my mum thinks that would be too big and she’s convinced things wouldn’t be much better there even though that’s about 40% of the reason I’m probably depressed. I’ve started writing a book for Leah and I’m hoping to have it finished soon even though it’s in a massive hardback notebook and I’ve only done a couple of pages and if I can’t actually tell her my feelings she can read the book which will explain everything.
I’m actually really scared that I’m going to be really unsuccessful and die alone. Dying alone is one of my biggest fears. My mum has told me a couple of times about how money is everything and everything costs money and that honestly scares me, my mum also critisizes me on everything, calls me ungrateful and basically making me feel rubbish just because I never smile, hate emptying the dishwasher amd just don’t like babies. If I even mention a boy’s name who’s my age and not related to me then my mum starts asking about him and I know she’s hoping that I have a crush on him and that I’ll tell her even though I’ve already told her about my feelings for Leah but I seriously think she didn’t believe me and decided to forget.

That was a really long rant. I actually wrote over 5 pages in my diary about all my problems. I haven’t had much social interaction over the past few weeks unless you count telling my mum what I want for dinner, only like 3 or 4 of my friends actually care about me but even the ones who do are ignoring me and it’s nearly 2am and I’m super lonely and sad and I just want to talk to someone, I want to talk to someone so bad that I spent 10 minutes just staring at my uncle earlier wishing he would say something and it must’ve looked so weird but he didn’t say anything and I am almost in tears now about how lonely I am, I hate people (with some exceptions) but I need company. Probably going to sleep now because I’m tired, tomorrow I’ll have the house to myself so more loneliness, yay I guess. Atleast I’ll have a bit of peace to make YouTube videos or I might just take a break

Doggos_on_Mars
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tagline: I have to sneeze
Mood: Tired + Stressed

Unread post by Doggos_on_Mars » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:55 am

I'm so sorry that is happening to you, Mist. If you ever to rant, shoot me a PM. I know that it's really hard to feel alone, and feel like you don't have friends, and feel that all your parents do is nag and treat you horribly, but I want you to know that at least here, you have a whole community of friends and support. I really wish there is something I can do to help you, but for now, hopefully these pictures of cute hedgehogs will help <3

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Doggos | she/her
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Oblivion » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 am

i feel like my Mom's making me do everything I dont wanna do and preventing me from doing what I want to do.
I'm trying so hard to please her and not be rebellious and to remain respectful.

It's just so hard.

She made me get a job. Yeah, that's not bad now. But now I have to stop working a second day and she wants me to get an Etsy shop going to sell these things. Last night I was playing Minecraft with my friends in a happy mood when she told me I shouldn't be playing video games and I should work on my shop. I told her I needed to go to the store for what I need. It never occurred to me that I could have rode my bike there. Of course when I try to explain myself to anyone in our family I immediately get called out for using an excuse. Yeah actually there's a thin yet fine line between the truth and an excuse. Why couldn't I make my bed? I didn't have time to. Apparently that's an excuse. That's why I feel so dumb when I'm explaining stuff to people. I feel like they're just gonna be like oh shut up that's just an excuse.

She said she trusted me but if she really did trust me she'd believe I'm capable enough to make my own (good) decisions with good judgment to be in a relationship with someone.

I could very easily go behind her back but I won't bc I'm a good child. I do all my schoolwork and my grades have improved. I know she's worried about me going what she went through, but I am a different person. Also, I have a fear of getting pregnant so that's not gonna happen ever.

I wonder if things could've turned out differently if I had shared my opinion on the. Topic with my Mom when she asked me to. But I was still forming my own opinion and I am not one to share my opinion in front of people anyway. She actually got mad at me that I didn't share it. I only told her I was disappointed. That's it.

I feel like I'm not doing good enough for my mom the harder I try.

I feel like the word effort has popped up everywhere for me this past month. At youth group and church, my mom, school, and even my "friend" asked me why their was lack of effort on my side when it came to our relationship but also not a relationship at the same time. Because of my mom. In fact, she wanted us spending LESS time together. He's literally one of my best and closest friends though I can't just ignore him. That's why there's lack of effort in that scenario. He's a very sweet person. He's funny and makes me laugh. It's a good thing we can communicate and discuss our problems when need be, a lot of people can't do that. He's understanding too. Fun and spontaneous and i like his company.

Overall I feel like a crappy person right now.

But be prepared bc I'm about to post in another thread sometime today saying life is good bc of something else that is going on.

I'm sorry for this I'm scattered rn and just frustrated and had to let this out somewhere.
╔═════════════════════╗
me whatever you want!

╚═════════════════════╝