How did you get into adopt sites?

Talk about almost anything here
LiquidCake
Spreading the wings
Spreading the wings
Tagline: I collect gemstones!

How did you get into adopt sites?

Unread post by LiquidCake » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:07 pm

As a kid I would play on sites like Webkinz and Littlest Pet Shop, and that progressed into me finding an old favorite of mine- Howrse. I check in from time to time since it's such a fun site. My love for adoptable sites died down for a good while, and then a few years back my girlfriend introduced me to Flight Rising and it was all down(up?)hill from there, lol! I found DragonCave through people's signatures and then someone DM'd me and invited me to try out ChickenSmoothie! There's another one I'm in similar to DragCave tho I always forget it's name... so I hardly use it :,) Counting that one I'm active now in like 5 adoptable site lol : D

How did you guys come to spend your time on adopt sites?
I'm an artist!
My GF!
~~

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
~~

sunshine lollipops
Bird is the word
Bird is the word

Re: How did you get into adopt sites?

Unread post by sunshine lollipops » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Well, my love for adoptable games was the first. It wasn't an online game, just a game where you had to feed, dress and clean your pets or they die ;u; I think I was just browsing through nickelodeon games when I found it?? it had to do with winx club. a super annoying thing about that was that when you came back from feeding one of your pets, the other one would get hungry already and another one would ask for more clothing :ugeek: anyways, after all my pets died after a three day vacation, i quit trying to take care of those jerks.

after that, for a while, i didnt play anything similar, and I liked to stay on Scratch. but the kids on scratch just wouldnt shut up about "chicken smoothie" and "animal jam" so i had to look at what was so cool about those stuff. anyways, after that, i learned about furry-paws, next mweor, and then dragon cave, and at last, FR. my favorite games are fr and cs, my least favorite is animal jam. i can talk all day about how disgusting that game is but i won't, for the sake of others.
im actually so sorry for being so annoying 5 years ago i was a small child acting a different age.. T_T hmu on discord if you remember me! my user is borinqq

i had a tord pfp but i changed it sorry i threw up a little looking at it

Eve
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: we'll still have the summer after all

Unread post by Eve » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:26 am

Neopets and i think the build a bear game
:3

Duskfeather
Slowly getting there
Slowly getting there

Unread post by Duskfeather » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:07 pm

I used to roleplay warrior cats on a site that is now called Feralfront (but was called something with warriorcatsrpg back then), and came across eggs from Dragcave. Thus, I joined the site, and was then very aware of pretty pets in peoples' signatures from sites like Chickensmoothie, Silvadopts and Celestialvale. I believe the last two are closed now though. I've been on a ridiculously large amount of these adoptable sites, but now I've narrowed it down to Chickensmoothie, Eldemore and this site. I am occasionally on FR, and sometimes go on to the other sites just to see what's been going on :)

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: When life gives you lemons
Mood: I like bunnies

Unread post by Oblivion » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:27 pm

My friend introduced me to Chickensmoothie, the first adoptable site I've been apart of.

Now I'm here...
winstalgia#1031
Call me: Steven
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

Lexi
First flight
First flight
Tagline: Maybe one day, I will be looked up to for my art.
Mood: Focused

Unread post by Lexi » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:40 pm

Oh my gosh, remember LPSO - LPS Online. That was one of the best games in my childhood.

Anyways i played Animal Jam when i was younger, and i was watching a youtuber and they had ChickenSmoothie and i was like :0
╔══════════════╗
𝒮𝒽𝑒/𝐻𝑒𝓇 𝒜𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓈𝓉
╚══════════════╝
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi! I'm Lexi. I'm an artist here on SF. ^w^
Feel free to PM me any time!
I love; Birds, Shibas, Pokémon, Studio Ghibli, and Anime in general :')
Hope you like my designs!

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Misty
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: Some people need a high five. In the face. With a chair.
Mood: ay

Unread post by Misty » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:52 pm

A good friend showed me Chicken Smoothie,sense then I've joined this(of course) I dabbled in FR, and Dappervolk! (which isn't your typical adopt site but still counts for me!) and I don't really consider AJ an adopt site but I joined there in 2013 :)
Last edited by Misty on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian
She/her
I can do all things through Him who gives me strength
Philippians 4:13
.Kira Nightblade. on CS, Nightblade on DV, Sarahkey8 on some others
If you have any questions about Christianity, feel free to PM me!
I will try to help you in any way I can ^.^

Lilith
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: I’m in the writing zone today.
Mood: Chillin’

Unread post by Lilith » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:33 pm

I played Animal Jam for maybe four years. I got into the roleplaying side of the community, specifically warrior cats. I’m happy I did, as many people went through a CS phase during the duration of my time there.

I joined CS in late 2017, but got carried away by life. I returned when I desperately needed an escape from negativity, only finding myself fully engrossed once more.

I found Blu’s site by total accident. I just found the thread for Shibaface, and figured I’d try it out. It seemed like a cool site, and I’ve always wanted to help with a site in its infancy.

And then, I wound up as a mod through hard work and dedication.

*cough*It took me a month of pestering Blu, but I finally found my place as a mod.*cough*
Gotta redo this.

Message me if you need anything!

Fishcat
First steps
First steps

Unread post by Fishcat » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:39 pm

I played animal jam a lot first, then migrated onto here. I found animal jam from my sister c:

nightwing
Ready to fly
Ready to fly
Tagline: my cat is amazing and no one shall say otherwise.
Mood: tired 24/7

Unread post by nightwing » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:52 am

I always played animal games, then my friend introduced me to animal jam and I just kept looking for more adopt games because they're so cute :3
hello i’m kitten! feel free to pm me if you wanna talk c:
i love animals especially cats, drawing and music. the euphonium is a cool instrument :D
go check out my dA