Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: When life gives you lemons
Mood: I like bunnies

Musician chat

Unread post by Oblivion » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Hey, all musicians gather!

No need for a form of any sort, just say which instrument you play, and you can talk about other instruments and music stuff. c:

I play keyboard and I'm learning guitar. Over again, I dropped it two years ago. One day I hope to learn drums or violin.
winstalgia#1031
Call me: Steven
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

Misty
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: Some people need a high five. In the face. With a chair.
Mood: ay

Re: Musician chat

Unread post by Misty » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:04 pm

(Yes! I was just thinking this should be a thread xD)

I play the piano, and have been for about... 5 years? Although my first teacher kinda set me at a slow pace so I feel like if I had the teacher I have now I'd be farther, idk, oh well though XD
How hard is the guitar? I've always been curious about it
Christian
She/her
I can do all things through Him who gives me strength
Philippians 4:13
.Kira Nightblade. on CS, Nightblade on DV, Sarahkey8 on some others
If you have any questions about Christianity, feel free to PM me!
I will try to help you in any way I can ^.^

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Oblivion » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Kira Nightblade wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:04 pm
(Yes! I was just thinking this should be a thread xD)

I play the piano, and have been for about... 5 years? Although my first teacher kinda set me at a slow pace so I feel like if I had the teacher I have now I'd be farther, idk, oh well though XD
How hard is the guitar? I've always been curious about it
Nice, I've been playing keyboard just over a year, I think I've progressed pretty well, but I'm self taught. I wanna learn to play classical properly but my keyboard doesn't change the loudness or softness of a note, it's the same no matter how hard you press each key, so I'm waiting. I know fur elise and I'm learning cano in d though, I try to practice on the piano at the local library.

As for guitar, it's pretty easy; at least, for me. I prefer a teacher though rather than teaching myself, and I'm on hold rn. I learned chords though so far, and I know some arpeggios from two years ago.
winstalgia#1031
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

Misty
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: Some people need a high five. In the face. With a chair.
Mood: ay

Unread post by Misty » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:09 am

Cool :o (I really admire self taught people.. XDD)
I think out of all the instruments, piano is my fave, violin or guitar or the harp would have been my 2nd favorite.
The harp is totally underrated imo? Its such a beautiful instrument but I rarely see it used, which is a shame
Christian
She/her
I can do all things through Him who gives me strength
Philippians 4:13
.Kira Nightblade. on CS, Nightblade on DV, Sarahkey8 on some others
If you have any questions about Christianity, feel free to PM me!
I will try to help you in any way I can ^.^

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Oblivion » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:31 am

The harp is really nice. I love the sound. I use the harp sound on my keyboard sometimes. It sounds great for fur elise.
winstalgia#1031
Artist - INFP T

cats
Slightly older hatchling
Slightly older hatchling

Unread post by cats » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:45 am

i also do piano!! :D im not really sure how long ive played but i think it is about 6-7 years now. what do you guys play?? my piano teacher only has me doing classical XDDD
Sup my dudes :DDDDDDDD

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Oblivion » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:11 am

cats wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:45 am
i also do piano!! :D im not really sure how long ive played but i think it is about 6-7 years now. what do you guys play?? my piano teacher only has me doing classical XDDD
Keyboard and guitar. Nice, that's a long time. What song are you learning right now? I wanna get more into classical, eventually.
winstalgia#1031
Artist - INFP T

cats
Slightly older hatchling
Slightly older hatchling

Unread post by cats » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm

Astro,. wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:11 am
cats wrote:
Keyboard and guitar. Nice, that's a long time. What song are you learning right now? I wanna get more into classical, eventually.
i have three pieces that im working on, invention 14 by bach, sonata op. 14 no. 2 movements 2 and 3 by beethoven, and a chopin piece i cant remember for the life of me XDD i have the invention and the second movement of the sonata memorized but i keep messing up in front of my teacher so i havent moved on yet XD
Sup my dudes :DDDDDDDD

space_ace
Slightly older hatchling
Slightly older hatchling

Unread post by space_ace » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:38 pm

cats wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:10 pm
Astro,. wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:11 am
cats wrote:
i have three pieces that im working on, invention 14 by bach, sonata op. 14 no. 2 movements 2 and 3 by beethoven, and a chopin piece i cant remember for the life of me XDD i have the invention and the second movement of the sonata memorized but i keep messing up in front of my teacher so i havent moved on yet XD
You guys are all so cool?? I had to learn guitar in 5th-8th grade but now I'm mostly doing singing and attempting piano. My hands are v small

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known

Unread post by Oblivion » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:44 pm

@cats ;
Nice, you're good my dude. I'm sure you'll get it soon! My goal is to learn Canon in d (memorize, I guess) and/or moonlight sonata or whatever you call it. I'm bad with names.

@space_ace ;
I wish I had the guts to learn to sing. I don't know if I'd be considered good or not, but I love singing. When I'm alone, of course.

You'll get used to it eventually, I wouldn't say my hands are large and I have difficulty here and there.
winstalgia#1031
Artist - INFP T