Musician chat

Talk about almost anything here
Duskfeather
Slowly getting there
Slowly getting there

Re: Musician chat

Unread post by Duskfeather » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Hullo! I've been playing the violin for 12 years now (gosh, that's a long time, now that I think about it...!)

I used to have piano lessons too, but I stopped when I started on the violin, although I do hope to pick it up some time again. I also have a guitar to tinker with, but I must say the first time I tried it, I was so frustrated with how the notes were placed xD (not that I've improved much since it's mostly just me finding some beginner books and following whatever exercises they have...)

Anyone else who plays a string instrument?

Misty
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: Some people need a high five. In the face. With a chair.
Mood: ay

Unread post by Misty » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:59 pm

Duskfeather wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:59 pm
Hullo! I've been playing the violin for 12 years now (gosh, that's a long time, now that I think about it...!)

I used to have piano lessons too, but I stopped when I started on the violin, although I do hope to pick it up some time again. I also have a guitar to tinker with, but I must say the first time I tried it, I was so frustrated with how the notes were placed xD (not that I've improved much since it's mostly just me finding some beginner books and following whatever exercises they have...)

That's super cool :o My sister plays Violin, and I like the sound of it
Christian
She/her
I can do all things through Him who gives me strength
Philippians 4:13
.Kira Nightblade. on CS, Nightblade on DV, Sarahkey8 on some others
If you have any questions about Christianity, feel free to PM me!
I will try to help you in any way I can ^.^

Scars Of Your Love
Making progress
Making progress
Mood: Bored outta my mind

Unread post by Scars Of Your Love » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:23 pm

I really want to start guitar, there is a shop near my granny’s house that has guitars so I’m going to buy one and see how it goes.

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: When life gives you lemons
Mood: I like bunnies

Unread post by Oblivion » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:24 pm

Duskfeather wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Violin is nice, I hope to learn it sometime. And that is a long time!
Scottish Fold wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:23 pm
I really want to start guitar, there is a shop near my granny’s house that has guitars so I’m going to buy one and see how it goes.
Good luck! I find it to be an easy instrument, but of course that's just my opinion. Have fun with that!
winstalgia#1031
Call me: Steven
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

Duskfeather
Slowly getting there
Slowly getting there

Unread post by Duskfeather » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:49 am

Scottish Fold wrote:
That's awesome! I hope you have fun with that :)

And @Astro, I hope you find time to try the violin too! It's always fun to play more instruments ^_^

Leafy
Contemplating leaving the nest
Contemplating leaving the nest
Tagline: What happened? *Buts into convo*

Unread post by Leafy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:11 am

Violin's neat! I have a friend who plays violin, she's super duper good at it
I'm not big into playing string instruments but I think guitar sounds nice.

Personally, I play percussion in the school band. I don't do as many drums and stuff but rather bells (glockenspiel, xylophone, whatever you want to call it).

@Scottish Fold hope it goes well!
your friendly neighborhood furry

Duskfeather
Slowly getting there
Slowly getting there

Unread post by Duskfeather » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:48 am

Leafy. wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:11 am
Violin's neat! I have a friend who plays violin, she's super duper good at it
I'm not big into playing string instruments but I think guitar sounds nice.

Personally, I play percussion in the school band. I don't do as many drums and stuff but rather bells (glockenspiel, xylophone, whatever you want to call it).

@Scottish Fold hope it goes well!
Woop woop, and I have a friend who plays percussion! She enjoys being in charge of the timpani and cymbals when playing in a symphony orchestra, but in our ensemble, she gets to find all kinds of wacky instruments to try :D (although none of us enjoy packing up the marimba... xD)

Oblivion
Well-known
Well-known
Tagline: When life gives you lemons
Mood: I like bunnies

Unread post by Oblivion » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:57 am

Duskfeather wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:49 am
Scottish Fold wrote:
That's awesome! I hope you have fun with that :)

And @Astro, I hope you find time to try the violin too! It's always fun to play more instruments ^_^
Yeah, hopefully! I think after I have guitar down like I do keyboard I'll try it.
winstalgia#1031
Call me: Steven
"Soon you shall become Steven (2000 posts), then Stephan, the fancy Steven (3000 posts), then Stefani, much like Gwen (4000 posts). No one has ever achieved higher than Stefani." -Purple. 5/6/19 (link)
Artist - INFP T

sunshine lollipops
Bird is the word
Bird is the word

Unread post by sunshine lollipops » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:32 am

I play the piano. I used to play Beethoven when I was eight, sadly I got bored of it and besides, my fingers were too small. Now I'm trying to catch up with the others, but I'm still struggling. Nowadays, I just watch Hoffman academy and try on my own with out a teacher. But oh boy, is that person really annoying when he's teaching lessons....

am i even englishing?? no idea!!
im actually so sorry for being so annoying 5 years ago i was a small child acting a different age.. T_T hmu on discord if you remember me! my user is borinqq

i had a tord pfp but i changed it sorry i threw up a little looking at it

nightwing
Ready to fly
Ready to fly
Tagline: my cat is amazing and no one shall say otherwise.
Mood: tired 24/7

Unread post by nightwing » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:23 am

I'm in band in school and play the euphonium :3 but when i tell people that they're like, WHAT on earth is that?!
hello i’m kitten! feel free to pm me if you wanna talk c:
i love animals especially cats, drawing and music. the euphonium is a cool instrument :D
go check out my dA